Purchasing has, according to the trends, become more strategically important for companies. The importance of suppliers and purchasing/sourcing increased significantly during the 1990’s and was acknowledged by executive managers by the end of the decade (Trent, et al., 1998). We came up with this course to address the “research-based” needs of logistics and other managers for required sourcing skills. This comprehensive training workshop will ensure that participants will identify the right choice for hiring supplier/service provider in the most practical and cost effective scheme.
This training will help you to learn:
- Strategically plan a procurement
- Understand the process of developing bids
- Understand the legal framework
- Use project cost estimation essentials
- Get types of sourcing
- Grasp criteria to analyze and select the appropriate type of sourcing
- Request proposals, quotations and tenders, including e-procurement
- Be able to utilize a wide variety of strategic procurement tools and techniques
- Undertake risk analysis and evaluate submissions
- Determine total cost of procuring products and services
- Set out the terms and conditions of contract
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for any procurement or non-procurement professional involved in the planning, creation, issue, receipt or evaluation of procurement functions. Those who source goods, materials and services.